Thursday, December 30, 2010

18 birthday

Yes today I turned the big 18.
That seems a old to me. A lot older than 17.
I feel I need to be responsible.

It has been the hardest birthday yet. 
A lot of remembering today.
Last year on my birthday it was my Grandma's funeral. 
Also last year on my birthday one of my closest friends left on his mission. 
Other than my cousin Kellen leaving, it was the first kid and real close friend to leave.
But that night Luke took me on my birthday date!
He let me plan everything.
He told me it could be whatever I wanted to do. And that he wasn't going to plan any of it, so I had better plan it. He wanted it to be the best date.
So I planned what I thought would be the ideal date.
We were suppose to go up to Salt Lake and eat at a cute little Italian restaurant.
We both loved the Christmas lights at temple square. 
So we were then going to go see them
I was so excited and couldn't wait. 
Well the 30th of December came.
And it was a very very snowy and bad weather day.
Luke texted me and told me that the weather had interfered with my perfectly planned date. And that the roads were horrible to be driving on. Also that there had been a lot of accidents on the freeway, so he didn't want to risk that. 
I understood his point. But was a little sad that we couldn't do the perfect date. 
So we doubled with Jared Gordon and Sarah Benson. We went to Brick Oven for dinner. ( A usual spot.) We ran into his parents there.
It came time when he told the waitress it was my birthday. ( I was embarrassed cause I don't like being sang to.) Well I told the waitress he was lying and it wasn't really my birthday. The waitress believed me.   Sarah and I went to the bathroom. He then told the waitress. When I got back his parents had bought us suckers for my birthday. Well then came a ton of waiters and waitresses. They made me stand on the bench while I got sang to! Even more embarrassing! 
We then went to Jared's house and watched just like Heaven. Luke did in fact hold my hand. It was the first time. Oh what a lovely day! 
Well the day of my birth is about over. I have 18 min left. Farewell till next year! I will be at marriageable age! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment