Wednesday, December 22, 2010

School Cancelled and the Christmas Season

So yesterday history happend, just like every other day. But it was kinda a big deal that happened.
Take a look for yourself here http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=13744342. It's the 4th to last paragraph.
Ya that's right yesterday SCHOOL WAS CANCELLED! Seriously in my life time i've never heard of that in Utah! Crazy! So I'll tell you the story! I woke up at about 6:10 am on Tuesday morning. As my mom came and made sure I was awake, she told me that we had gotten a lot of snow that night. I just thought oh ya know probably a few inches. I looked out the window after I went downstairs. I couldn't believe my eyes! There was about a foot of snow. I don't know that I had ever seen that much! I got ready and was out the door. As I got to my car, my dad had cleaned my car off of all the snow and dug me out. He was on the four wheeler clearing the drive way and side walks. I took the highway into Spanish Fork to school, my usual route. As I got to the end of that road (400 N.) I had to turn left up a hill. Well as I approached that intersection there was a car who was trying to make it up there hill. They kept sliding. They eventually made it up the hill. I just hoped that wouldn't happen to me. Well guess what!? As I turned my wheels were spinning like crazy! I tried to make it up the hill oh about 10 times. Ya epic fail! So I managed to turn around and go all the way back to Springville and up the highway to Mapleton! I made it up that hill no problem. At last I made it to seminary! It took me 40 min to get there, usually it takes 10.  I parked my car in the somewhat plowed school parking lot. Well then I had to walk through the snow. I had my rain boots on and guess what? The snow was so deep that they got buried when I walked in it! It was up to my knees. Mind you i'm not that tall, but still it was up to my knees. I walked into class. Luckily they weren't counting tardies. Yay. Then the kid I was sitting next to got a text that said school was cancelled. We all started to kinda scream and get super excited! Then our seminary teacher, Brother Anderson, told us not to get too excited cause we needed to hear it from a reliable source and not just a forward. So he went and called the school....and guess what!? They said it wasn't cancelled! Booooo!! :( So we continued on with seminary. As I was walking out to my car with my friends, a seminary teacher came out of the seminary building and told us that the school had just called and told them school was cancelled! Ahh yay! We all screamed and had a party right there! So then I went to Tyson Brooksby's house and we made breakfast for his little siblings! It was oh so fun! I love those little kids to pieces! So Merry Christmas to all of Nebo School District for a extra day early of Christmas break! That's that story!
It's also nearing Christmas Day which means it is the Christmas season! Oh how I love this time of year! It is by far my favorite time of year! I love it! I love the music, the Christmas spirit, the Christmas lights, the decorations, and most of all it is a time that I get to focus on the Savior's birth. See it's just the greatest!
I love just sitting in our front room staring at our Christmas tree. While listening to the greatest Christmas music.  Josh GrobanMicheal McLeanNeil Diamond, and of course The Mormon Tabernacle Choir feat Sissel ( possibly one of my most favorite singers. Her voice= so amazing and calming!) Ahh my favorite Christmas music in the world! My favorite Christmas movies. The Grinch, Elf, The Christmas Story, and Charlie Brown Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I love your pic! Your are beautiful Kels, just like your sisters and your mom... funny story!

    ReplyDelete