So a few weeks ago at efy I was talking to one of the counselors there. I was telling her about Luke and how we were just a block away from him. ( I just went to byu for efy) As we were talking she said did you know that the missionaries walk around the mtc every sunday around five? As she said that I got super excited! I knew that they did that I had just forgotten that they did. So what did I do that next sunday!? I went up to my mom and said mom will you go for a drive with me? She said, "Sure where do you want to go?" I replied, " I want to drive around the mtc and the temple because the missionaries walk around it on Sundays." I wasn't sure how she was going to respond to this. He response caught me a little off guard but not too much. She said, "Sure lets go hop in the car!" So off we went to the temple. I made her drive around oh about ten times. Then she decided that we had done it enough so we went home. I was a little sad we didn't see Luke. But at the same time there is thousands of missionaries in the mtc that were walking around!
The next week I asked my friend Cayson Manwaring to go with me! Well as we were approaching the mtc we were getting really nervous and started saying like what if we see him. Oh man as we got there I started getting buttflies and ya just got way nervous. Well we drove around a time or two. And we sat the this spot by a parking lot. Now this parking lot is very close to the mtc. It's the one that is RIGHT across the street from it. Ya know the one that they walk through to get up too the temple. So we sat south of the parking lot on the side of the road. We had the perfect spot to see them walk by. I had my camera ready. Every time a group of them would walk by I would zoom my camera in as far as it would go, take a picture of them then look at it to see if one was him. If it was we had a plan. The plan was to put the car into drive and drive around the corner as they were standing on the corner to cross the street to the mtc. It was a glorious plan!!
You see this is where we would take the pics of the missionaries.
It worked out so grand!!
This is Cayson and I. This is our excited/nervous/what if we really see him faces
See perfect view!
But then we got an even better idea! Pull into the parking lot and just sit in it! Mind you we were in Cayson's car so he wouldn't recognize the car. We found the perfect parking spot. It was The furthest west row of parking spots. It was in the shade and next to another car that had no one in it. Perfect right!? Yes it was. Because they walked maybe like 5-10 feet behind us. We rolled down the car windows and could hear them all talking!
This was our spot. If you can see the black jeep kinda by the purple trees well that is the corner that they cross the street to get to the mtc. Right by where the curb is painted red is where they walk across the lawn! So see they would get super close!
From that spot we even had a view of their faces
It was about 5:30 at this time. By six they had all gone back into the mtc. Dang we missed him again! Cayson and I decided we were going the next week at 4:00 so that we would see more and maybe see Luke.
This is leaving it
Well we went at 4:00 today! We drove around once!! There were TONS of them EVERYWHERE!! We were super excited because guess what? There were some still like just going up to the temple. So we went at the perfect time. After our drive around we sat at our usual spot on the road. We then decided we needed to pull into the parking lot. We made our move into it. As we were pulling into it there was a car that looked like Luke's parents car. I turned to Cayson and said, "Oh my what if that is his parents!!" I started flipping out then thought no they probably wouldn't come look for him! So we pulled into the parking lot. We couldn't go to our usual perfect spot because there were so many missionaries walking we couldn't get to it. So we backed up into a parking spot.
This was our view of all the missionaries!! Not too bad of a spot!
May I add that I was in this new beauty of mine
so that he wouldn't recognize me!
Then I looked over at the car that I thought was Luke's parents car. Well I then saw his mom get out of it! I started freaking out! I then saw his younger brother Hummer get out of it also. I was like oh my what if they see me they might be mad or think that I am the biggest fool!
You see that is their gray jeep! That is Hummer standing to the left of it.
Well they got out of their jeep and into the green car next to them! I was so scared I was going to get caught by them! Well then a kid looking about Luke's age got out with Hummer and they started walking up to the temple. That meant his mom was alone in the car!! So I decided to go talk to her! I know brave! I was so scared of what she'd say! I pulled up next to the car she was sitting in. We looked at each other, made eye contact, and just pointed each other down. I ran around to the car, she rolled down the window and said, "Kelsie, you busted me!" And I said, "No you busted me!" We then started talking! We got out of the cars and sat on the grass! She told me that she had seen some of Luke's friends that were in the mtc right now. They were on their way back to the mtc and they said that they had just seen Luke and he was on his way up to the temple! Do you know what that meant!? He had to come back down through the parking lot and we were going to maybe get to see him! Ahh I started getting so nervous! So then she said well we aren't going to be able to see him if we're sitting here. So cayson, Shauna ( Luke's mom) and I got in my car and parked in a different spot. A spot where they would walk right in front of us!! I still couldn't believe I was there with his mom! Haha :) So we started talking to some people who were parked next to us. They were from Germany and waiting to see if their brother walked by! As we were talking I just happened to look in front of me and there he stood! Elder Frampton! Oh my I started talking very loud and said, "There he is!!! There he is!! I grabbed my camera, started snapping pics, and freaking out! I got this one
That's him!!!! That's him!! The one holding his suit coat lower in his hand!! Doesn't he look good as a missionary!?
I cropped it so you could see that's really him!!
So he didn't notice us obviously, which I was happy about! I didn't want him to know that I was there and I didn't want him to see me! Well after I took that last picture his companion noticed us! (I don't know how I mean his mom and I were acting like paparazzi haha!) So then he looked at us oh man I ducked like there was no tomorrow!! And kinda screamed a little bit. I then look up and he was walking further and further away!! And my stupid camera wouldn't focus!! But then his mom waved to him! And he held up the i love you sign with his hand to her! Then I got the rest of these pictures!
He is standing directly behind the tree!
That's him kinda leaned sideways. Third in from the left.
Ahh it was the GREATEST day!! I miss that kid! He leaves the mtc on Tuesday and is headed for Oklahoma! He's so excited to get out of that place though!
Well I shall finish up this blog post because I acutally need to go make him his last package and write him a letter! Farewell all my blog readers!

OH. MY. GOSH. KESLIE. I LOVE THIS STORY.
ReplyDeleteDo you know how crazy lucky you just got? I would have probably killed to have seen Todd that good and get pictures of it. Holy moly.
Hahah oh Kels. You are too cute:)
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you just say hi?! haha
This was better than the book I am reading!!! :)
ReplyDelete